The sky was so beautiful this evening that I thought it would have been rude not to post this. I’ve cropped it, but apart from that it is as it was taken.
Category Archives: Brief Asides
I am definitely not worthy. A week ago “I got tagged for a meme” (not sure if this is correct blog terminology or if you “tag someone for a meme” – I’m new to all this) and I was so excited about it. But then, didn’t I go and forget all about it? Mandy – I’m really sorry, I meant to do this sooner and I’m really flattered that you tagged me but I’ve definitely still got baby brain (now scientifically known as mumnesia – I kid you not).
Anyway, my task is to give you “5 classes I wish they had taught at school”. So, here we go:
1. The required consistency. I hate recipes that say “add water until you reach the required consistency” – it’s the first time I’ve made it, how would I know what the required consistency is?
2. How to paint a wall. Honestly, everytime I try it ends up all streaky and funny looking. Fortunately the husband usually does the second coat and fixes it all for me.
3. How to think quickly. I am the queen of the cutting remark. Two hours later. Oh how I wish my little neurons fired a little faster at times.
4. How to say no. To cakes, biscuits, toast, roast potatoes – the list goes on and on!
5. How to keep an ongoing mental task list. I keep forgetting to write down what I need to do. You know when you leave the house and get that nagging feeling that you’ve forgotten something really important? I feel like that all the time. Even before I’ve left the house. Why do think it took me so long to do this meme?
Now for the fun part – I get to tag 5 other people:
I clicked on this link on someone else’s blog today and it really made me stop and think about my two tinies. It made me extremely grateful for what I’ve got. Sometimes I forget that I’m “too blessed to be stressed”.
Take a look, that’s all I ask. The Joseph Salmon Trust
I should rename them Brief Asides #1, #2 and #3 but I don’t think I can be bothered right now! (NB – as at 17/6/08 I’ve renamed them!)
Anyway – I have a question for any wordpress geniuses out there. I used to get notified by email everytime anyone commented on my blog. Over the last couple of days I haven’t been notified on 3 comments made. Does wordpress sometimes take an age to send through notifications or is it my own personal gremlin? I’ve checked and the box next to “send me an email when anyone comments” is still ticked.
I love all the retrospectives I see at the end of each month – how is that done? Please can someone help me? I don’t use flickr or picasa – is one of them essential? I’ve tried googling and keep getting directed to programmes that I would need to pay for – surely there must be an easier way?!
My thanks go to my very clever husb for cropping the pictures used at the top of the page. Blooming Genius!!